Glutinous Rice known also as Lor Mai Fan is a crowd pleaser. Easy to cook and i have served it at lots of parties that i have been to. It is also quite a common dish for bring to work lunch for my family too. This quantity would serve about 8-10 serves. Dont you worry about thinking the quantity is too much, because it can be stored away in the freezer for up to 3 months for a snack or even a quick dinner solution.
I mean its easy because it gets cooked in a microwave!! YES!!!! it does !!!! all in less than half an hour!!!
INGREDIENTS FROM YAHWEH ASIAN GROCERY
- 1kg glutinous rice, rinsed and soaked preferably overnight in a microwable bowl.
- 4 Chinese sausage, LUP CHOONG sliced thinly
- 40g sliced mushroom, soaked with water
- Eaglobe Fried Shallots (Optional)
SEASONING (All available at YAHWEH ASIAN GROCERY)
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp light soya sauce
- 4 tsp thick soy sauce
- 1 tsp of salt
- Sprinkle some pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- 2 tsp of 5 spice powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
THINGS FROM MARKET/SUPERMARKET
- 2 fillets of chicken (breast/thigh) diced (optional)
- Spring Onion (optional)
- Chilli (optional)
- Drain the water from the glutinous rice. Add in fresh water till it covers the rice, sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of salt and desired amount of pepper around the rice(*this is different from the seasoning,extra for the rice)and microwave on high for about 10-15 minutes while you prepare to cook the ingredients.
- Heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Add chinese sausage and pan fry for another 2 minutes till its brown. Add chicken and mushrooms to continue to stir fry. Add in seasoning. Let it boil and turn off the fire.
- Take out the glutinous rice from the microwave and stir in the ingredients from the pan/wok.
- The cooking is done now while you wait for your rice to cook for another 15-20 minutes in the microwave.
- Sprinkle some chopped chilli, spring onion and fried shallots to make it presentable.
Enjoy ur meal or even share it with your friends.=)
p/s: some dried prawns can be added to make it more flavoursome!!! just add stir fry the dried prawns with oil and garlic